Thursday, 3 March 2016

Mo Manning Dream Team Challenge - March

Well where did that month go! January seemed to drag but February went with a whoosh so now comes March roaring in like a lion. Not wanting to wish time away but I'm always so glad to see March with it's promise of warmer weather and beautiful flowers and blue skies - ah yes and now the frantic preparations in the garden for all the things I should have done before but was too disheartened by chill winds and grey skies. The birds are swooshing around out there with nest building, such a joy to have early light mornings and the sound of birdsong back again.
In March I can really feel I can shake off those winter card designs too and embrace the colours of spring..........


This little beauty is called Sunday's Child from Mo's Digital Shop which I have coloured with some pinks and lilacs Copics as I wanted to match the side panel up, which is one I've had for ages and never been able to use. The panel is made up of Gesso through a stencil and then when dried coloured with Distress Inks, I made it at my friend Eileen's workshop last year and am very grateful as the technique is so versatile. The little girl looks so excited at throwing petals and flowers up in the air!

I hope you'll take a peek at the rest of the Dream Team samples (my team mates blogs are listed on the right) and then why not have a go yourself at this month's challenge? The theme is simple - Anything Goes (with a Mo image) and there is always so much inspiration to see from everyone who enters. You could win a prize to spend in Mo's shop or be picked by the team as a Top 3 winner. Talking of prizes well done to Peri and Tigger A(R)T Work who both won prizes in February's Blog Hop - hope they enjoyed spending their prizes.

Well time for me to move on, I have a colouring workshop to prepare for the weekend where I'll be using Mo's images on Penny Black stamps - so looking forward to it, always great fun. Hope you have a super week too. x

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Hellen ,yes to getting March out the way ,for lighter and warmer days x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card Hellen. I must admit that I'm looking forward to the warmer weather.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

April Workshop

Hi - happy Monday ! Just a quick post to show my card design for my next workshop this Saturday the 29th. It's a good exercise o...