Friday, 14 August 2015

Prepping for Demo Day in Whitstable

Busy prepping for my next demonstration which is on 22nd August at Oyster's Craft Shop in Whitstable, looking forward to seeing some of my team mates and the fabulous Amanda from HoneyDoo, and of course meeting up with Oyster's lovely customers!

I've been asked to use some watercolours for the day so I've been having a play and a practice! I haven't used them for a while so it's been great fun getting used to them again.

Here are a couple of the samples I'll be doing -



This one seemed appropriate for a day at the seaside, made using H2Os and a Stampendous stamp called Wind in Sail with some of the embellishments made using Designs by Ryn Sea Creatures 2. A simple wash technique for the background, I cut the boat out after stamping and 'continued' the stamp to the left of the frame.



This one was made using  watercolour pencils on kraft card and the Stampendous stamp Create a Poinsettia stamped with white EP. I was inspired by a lady called Marika who has some stunning work on her blog http://meandminimecrafting.blogspot.co.uk/ , if you have time take a look and be inspired too !

I'll be taking my pens along too so there will be some other samples on show, it would be great to see you if you're nearby!


21a, Oxford StWhitstableKentCT5 1DB

Thanks for looking x

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Yvonne, the sail boat is just stunning. Adore it. Have a wonderful demo day, they will be spoiled. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful cards Hellen, I love the top one and the gorgeous colours in it. I also love the second and the lovely simplicity in the colours you've used on this one.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sailing boat card and taking the cut out over the frame gives great dimension...x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a little bit away,,,so sorry to miss this demo...the cards are absolutely gorgeous! specially the poinsettia on kraft! I want to do this one!!! I will check as well her site TFS
    warm hello from California
    Bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some fabulous cards here, Hellen....love them all, especially the first one xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely too see you at my 'local' on Saturday Hellen! All your cards are beautiful, I especially fell in love with your stunning boat card, I bought the stamp while I was at the demo! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

Magnolia, Gummiapan and Roxstamps, Hello Notecard by Hellen

Hello ! This is me waving and saying hello with some stamps and dies from Swedish HouseCrafts (SHC) as a new member of a brand new design...