Monday, 12 January 2015

Somethin' Fishy..........

Well here's something a bit different and a bit fishy!



Not a subject I would normally choose -  I've seen this lovely stamp by Designs by Ryn done a few times but always with a sea coloured background which looks fab, but I like to get variety with my purchases and wanted to see if I could do a clean and simple design with the stamp as a stand alone feature .  I think it works quite well with the colour contrast between black, white and the vibrant yellows and orange. The fish was stamped twice and coloured, with the second image used to decoupage the top and side fins and the tail to give the illusion that the fish is swimming through the frame..... the one that got away ? !

I've used Sea Creatures 2 and Water Effects 2 by Designs by Ryn, both sets have a number of different designs/stamps in them and are available from - Oyster Stamps, Rochester, Kent - Telephone 01634 686823 or Website http://www.oysterstamps.co.uk

Thanks for taking a look.

6 comments:

  1. Very nice and a different idea from the many others I have seen. Love it.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great card - fab design xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love the CAS look with the wonderful fish Hellen. It's stunning.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Hellen, thanks so much for posting to my facebook page and challenge. Your different take on this stamp is great! The colouring that you did on it is beautifully vibrant against the white and black and your placement of it through the frame is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well your design idea certainly worked Hellen...would be great for a male card...x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

April Workshop

Hi - happy Monday ! Just a quick post to show my card design for my next workshop this Saturday the 29th. It's a good exercise o...