Tag Group - Number 2 March 2014

Wow! We've has some sunshine this week and doesn't it make a difference to how you feel? Lovely to think that Spring may be on it's way!

This week I had to send off my next tag for the group I'm in, with the theme this month being 'Add a Shape'. Well I started off thinking this was going to be easy as when I was making the DT cards for the new Heartfelt Creation release Once Upon a Time I had this brainwave to use them as they had circle shapes and by sheer coincidence I was due to send my tag to the lovely Karen Clare AKA The Clock Lady!

But oh did I struggle with it lol! Made three different backgrounds just couldn't get it balanced, very nearly ended up in the bin I can tell you. I persisted though and in the end think I got it right :-) .

Lots of work and trying of different techniques -
  • Background embossed and coloured with distress inks and gilding wax.
  • Clocks stamped with HC Numeral Clocks stamp and then covered with Tim Holtz Clear Rock Candy Crackle Paint
  • Circle sentiment stamped with HC Clock Sentiments stamp and covered with Crystal Laquer
  • Flowers made using HC Sun Kissed Fleur Die, shaped and covered with Frantage
  • Leaf Sprays covered with Peacock Feather Gilding Flakes
  • White sentiment done on the computer


Seemed so appropriate for Karen and I understand she loved it......phew! Tags are great fun to do and give much more scope to experiment than ATCs - already looking forward to making next months!

Thanks for looking and hope you have a super weekend. I'm at Eileen Godwin's workshop on Saturday so really looking forward to that - fab people, scrummy cake, plenty of tea and plenty of chat - oh yes and a bit of crafting in between lol!

All products avaialble from - Oyster Stamps, Rochester, Kent - Telephone 01634 686823 or Website http://www.oysterstamps.co.uk

Comments

  1. Brilliant tag Hellen, great colours, lovely details xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Hellen ,I see the folder came I. Handy lol
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tag Hellen, and those lovely stamps from HC (watched them this morning on C and C). They are a definate for my wish list. The colours you've used are gorgeous, nice and bright for the lovely weather we're having.


    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will treasure this keepsake Hellen, it's so special and fabulous, I love it so much!
    Really like the stamps you've used, I might have to invest in these, the texture on the flowers is great.
    Thank you so much :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this Tag .... blooming lovely Hellen.. super design and colours ... I like it a LOT!!!
    E xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love this this tag, so perfect!!!
    beautiful
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hellen

    Sorry I have been absent for a while - I have just been very busy. We are having a weekend away and have just arrived back at the beautiful apartment in Lomand castle where we are staying so I thought I would just visit everyone's blogs whilst I have a minute.

    This is just FAB - U - LOUS a lot of work but so worth it xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

Popular Posts