This week I had to send off my next tag for the group I'm in, with the theme this month being 'Add a Shape'. Well I started off thinking this was going to be easy as when I was making the DT cards for the new Heartfelt Creation release Once Upon a Time I had this brainwave to use them as they had circle shapes and by sheer coincidence I was due to send my tag to the lovely Karen Clare AKA The Clock Lady!
But oh did I struggle with it lol! Made three different backgrounds just couldn't get it balanced, very nearly ended up in the bin I can tell you. I persisted though and in the end think I got it right :-) .
Lots of work and trying of different techniques -
- Background embossed and coloured with distress inks and gilding wax.
- Clocks stamped with HC Numeral Clocks stamp and then covered with Tim Holtz Clear Rock Candy Crackle Paint
- Circle sentiment stamped with HC Clock Sentiments stamp and covered with Crystal Laquer
- Flowers made using HC Sun Kissed Fleur Die, shaped and covered with Frantage
- Leaf Sprays covered with Peacock Feather Gilding Flakes
- White sentiment done on the computer
Seemed so appropriate for Karen and I understand she loved it......phew! Tags are great fun to do and give much more scope to experiment than ATCs - already looking forward to making next months!
Thanks for looking and hope you have a super weekend. I'm at Eileen Godwin's workshop on Saturday so really looking forward to that - fab people, scrummy cake, plenty of tea and plenty of chat - oh yes and a bit of crafting in between lol!
All products avaialble from - Oyster Stamps, Rochester, Kent - Telephone 01634 686823 or Website http://www.oysterstamps.co.uk