Sunday, 1 December 2013

Lavinia Challenge 10 - Anything Goes

Happy 1st of December! The Christmas countdown has really started now......must get some Christmas cards made asap........

The new challenge at Lavinia has started and for this month the theme is Anything Goes so you can really let rip with all those ideas you have bubbling away in your head. Congratulations to last month's winner Julie Rose, really hope Julie enjoys spending her prize of £40 in the Lavinia shop.

My designs for this month include using a Sweet Poppy Stencil designed by Tracey from Lavinia, fabulous for combining different textures on your card by mixing with co-ordinating Lavinia stamps.

So here my Butterfly Tree (stencil) has been magic'ed by the Zen Butterfly and a couple of naughty fairies hitching a ride - but they've done a good job so should be forgiven! The butterfly is stamped and embossed with white EP on acetate then coloured to match the colours on the tree.

 My second design was centred around the beautiful verse stamp I used on a simple Panpastel background. I used the Zen Tree, Zen Leaf and cobweb to complete and added jewels per the verse.

There are some fantastic designs from the rest of the team - check them out for more ideas and inspiration - I look forward to seeing your entry this month! http://blog.laviniastamps.com/

All stamps are available from Lavinia Stamps website.

9 comments:

  1. Both very lovely cards Hellen, the first is very delicate and pretty and I love how you made the verse stamp the main image in the second. Fab! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both gorgeous cards, I really can't choose a favourite, they are both so different and unique xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two stunning cards Hellen, I love them both for different reasons. The first is so delicate (I brought this stencil at the NEC) and I love the colours of the butterfly. On the sceond it's the colours and the gem s on the tops of the trees.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Hellen, they are both so so delicate, but I think I love the first one best, stunning work. Hugs P xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two stunning cards, beautiful. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them both Hellen, stunning work. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the butterfly! Great samples as usual xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOOOve the first one! it looks so sparkly and magical hugs bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards always make me want to rush out and buy all the products you've used....they're so inspiring! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

Card made using Roxsprint Die and Gummiapan Stamp and Dies

Hello! Yes it's me saying hello again on a card made using products from Swedish Housecrafts. Just one stamp - Daisy Face b...