Friday, 1 November 2013

Lavinia Challenge Blog No 9 - Bright Hot Colours

Whoosh - another month gone by and yes we're all thinking 'How many sleeps until Christmas?' !! Lots of super entries last month to the challenge, beautiful designs and inspiration for us all - well done to the winner, lucky you and I wonder what you'll get with your vouchers? I know the new Zentangle stamps would be high on my list! Check them out here- http://laviniastamps.com/products-page-2/zentangle-stamps/

And so this month the theme is Bright Hot Colours - now I think it's been a bit chilly these last few weeks so I combined the theme colours with my preparations for Christmas! Well it's different and it can get boring using all the traditional colours so for a change here is Christmas with Bright Hot Colours!!

 Card 1 is made with Mustard Seed, Barn Door and a touch of Picked Raspberry Distress Inks. I then used a Sweet Poppy Stencil, designed by Tracey Dutton from Lavinia, with black medium and micro beads then stamped with 2 of Lavinia's wee fairies in black
Card 2 used the Fairy Words stamp to make a background. Memory Box Die to cut the baubles which were then inked with the same colours as card 1 and stamped with the Fern Leaf stamp and the words 'Fairy Dust' and Have a Fairy Merry Christmas'.


So here's to a bright hot Christmas from me - yay! Check out the rest of the team's ideas if you can - they're fab and why not have a go to create some designs of your own and enter the challenge blog, £40 of Lavinia vouchers are up for grabs every month.

PS - Hello and welcome to my new followers and thank you to everyone who leaves a comment - you make my day :-)

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning cards Hellen, both very different and unique xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two stunning cards Hellen, I especially love the second.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Hellen, love the warmth of these colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them both Hellen, great colours. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful cards Hellen, what gorgeous colours you have used, beautiful image`s and stencils.
    hugs pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. GReat job all your cards are so pretty...I could not add my cards this month I have not received the stamps yet GRRR, next month...
    hugs bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful cards, Hellen, and my favourite colours too......Absolutely fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the colours here... super cards, all of them a winner for me!
    Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

Magnolia, Gummiapan and Roxstamps, Hello Notecard by Hellen

Hello ! This is me waving and saying hello with some stamps and dies from Swedish HouseCrafts (SHC) as a new member of a brand new design...