Thursday, 21 November 2013

Jayne Nestorenko - Willow Tree

Here we have day 2 of Jayne Nestorenko's special release of stamps used at her recent workshops. All the stamps are available to buy on Jayne's webpage - but hurry... they're only available for a short time! 
 
Today's blog is all about the Willow Tree. So here's something a bit different don't you think?
 
This first card I made using double sided sticky acetate with gilding flakes. Somehow I managed to get all the coloured bits of flakes in the middle to cover the tree before I sneezed lol - not advisable!

On the second card I thought we'd go with a pink Christmas.....I embossed the image with white EP and Versamark Ink before colouring with Distress Inks. The background is done with an embossing board and the card is finished off with a flourish of flowers and die cut snowflakes.

The third sample used the same white EP technique this time with blue and lilac Distress Inks. I added a side tag with a sentiment stamped on and simply matted the card with backing paper and silver mirri board.
 
So here you have the super Willow Tree, lovely design and something just a little bit different from the usual Christmas Tree. Tomorrow's blog will be all about the Berry Tree hope you can pop back for a look. x

7 comments:

  1. Morning Hellen. Lovely samples all of them but I think I would have to say the gold is my favourite!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Hellen love all of these xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Hellen these are all gorgeous, think the pink is my fave xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous cards Hellen pink is my fav too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards Hellen .... my fave is.... the blue one !! erm... hold on... the pink is super... but the gold is so lovely ....
    E ( undecided! ) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three more gorgeous cards today Hellen, I love them all.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous cards Hellen, really cannot decide which I like best, love them all with this lovely tree stamp.
    pam

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

April Workshop

Hi - happy Monday ! Just a quick post to show my card design for my next workshop this Saturday the 29th. It's a good exercise o...