Tuesday, 1 October 2013

Lavinia Blog Challenge 8 - Autumn Colours

Crikey - another month flown by ! The entries for last month's Lavinia Challenge 'Add a Flower' were absolutely fab, well done to the lucky winner. A £40 prize to spend on the Lavinia Stamps website is up for grabs every month. Why not have a go yourself?
 
This months theme is Autumn Colours so let the ink or pans flow and show us your interpretation of this beautiful season of changing colours - one of my favourite times of the year.

I love how the sky seems to glow with brighter colours at this time of year and at certain times of the day. I had a go with my pans to try and create this effect on my first card with the colours reflecting in the water surrounding an island of trees.
Looking at the photo it looks like it's a canvas but I used my favourite linen cardstock to give this impression.
The leaves were done with a mixture of Adirondacks and Distress Inks with the veins embossed in gold.
 
Lavinia Stamps used - Tree Scene (4 trees and a hedgerow) and Autumn Leaf ( 3 stamps, outer, inner and veins) .
 
 
For my second card I used the metallic pan pastels to create the background. I did find the colours were quite light so I added some orange and red to give it more depth before going over with both of the metallic golds and bronze. I then stamped in Versamark black ink and added some Glamour Dust to look like early frost. The sentiment was done on my computer before matting up.
 
Lavinia Stamps used - Autumn Scene ( 5 stamps, 1 branch and 4 shapes of leaf) and Fern Leaf which is a really versatile stamp for adding edging to any card.  
 
So there you have it, just a couple of ideas for Autumn Colours, hope you'll have a go and enjoy making some reminders of a beautiful and inspiring time of year. x
 
 I am also entering the Panpastels Challenge with this post.
 

18 comments:

  1. Such beautiful cards Hellen, the tranquility of the scene card is stunning and the sad little leaf dangling all lonely on the tree is so beautiful. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Zoe - I know what you mean about the leaf but I hope he keeps hanging on! x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful cards Hell I particularly like the top one, the way you have done such a lovely little scene and the colours and reflections but then added the leaves to make it all ping. I like the bottom one too but I too feel a bit sorry for the lone leaf lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Linda I too felt sorry for the leaf! x Thank you x

      Delete
  3. Love those beautiful leaves Hellen, and the superb colours in the sky! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those beautiful leaves Hellen, and the superb colours in the sky! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards Hellen, and I love your designs and the way you've used the stamps. Hugs P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always such superb work from you Hellen... these are little beauties!
    Eileen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely colours in this card Hellen . xxx Proper Autumn xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - proper autumn - I can hear the west country lilt! Thank you x

      Delete
  8. I love both of these Hellen, they're beautiful, love the way you've used the colours! Thanks for joining us at Premium Craft Brands challenge, good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my giddy aunt Hellen..they are stunning cards the both of them!!
    Thank you so much for joining us this week over at the Premium Craft Brands Challenge and good luck!!
    Big hugs
    Tracy
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Striking card and love the warm tones you have used too. Many thanks for joining us at Premium Crafts Challenges this week.
    Lou
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards Hellen, just love the leaves. Kx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

Magnolia, Gummiapan and Roxstamps, Hello Notecard by Hellen

Hello ! This is me waving and saying hello with some stamps and dies from Swedish HouseCrafts (SHC) as a new member of a brand new design...