Lavinia Blog Challenge 7 - Add a Flower

Soooooo excited to show my first sample as a member of the Lavinia Stamps Design Team! I've been entering the blog challenge since it started as I love their stamps  so you can imagine the happy dances I was doing when I was asked to join another talented DT.


This month's challenge is 'Add a Flower' and I must say my inspiration for this design came from Messrs Fripp, McDonald, Lake and Giles who wrote a beautiful song back in the 60's called Moonchild for the King Crimson Album 'Court of the Crimson King' - anyone else remember this? There's a blast from my hippie past for you!
 
I do have an unfortunate habit of thinking with song lyrics - can be a bit annoying at times as unless I get them out of my head I'm humming them all day lol! So anyway, I thought why am I humming this song and of course realised that Lavinia Stamps were ideal to create my moonchild dancing in the shallows of a river .......
 
I used Mia and Fairy Bridge clear stamps from Lavinia to make my scene on linen card, using Panpastels to create a moon, sky and foreground. I wanted to get a sort of 'tween stage feel - you know when night starts changing to day, just before the full dawn. I added Glamour Dust and some lovely flowers I had including a white or moon lily and there you have it....
 
I have made some other interpretations of this month's theme which I'll blog later in the month but in the meantime why not take a look at what the other members of the team have done on the Lavinia Stamps Challenge Blog and maybe have a go yourself? Hope you have fun x
 
NB married to a musician I am mindful of the music copyright laws and would state that the use of these lyrics is for research and inspiration only. This card is not for sale.

Comments

  1. Sadly I don't think I know the song? That doesn't mean it's before my time, maybe just different tastes lol ;) love this card Hellen, such an ethereal feel to it, really crisp images xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Hellen! Love the delicate colours and the sparkle, so pretty! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Hellen! Love the delicate colours and the sparkle, so pretty! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hellen this is just DELIGHTFUL!! I adore this - I need cake please!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hellen this is just DELIGHTFUL!! I adore this - I need cake please!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Hellen, just checked out the song you mentioned on You Tube but afraid I have not heard it before either! Great inspiration though. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many congratulations Hellen and this is a beautiful card and that song is a true blast from the past lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many congratulations Hellen and this is a beautiful card and that song is a true blast from the past lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card, I love the sparkle and the softness of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Hellen love the sparkle it goes so well ,just enough .
    Oh yes I rember that song ,but now I'm singing it lol
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to the Lavinia team, Hellen. Love this card, it's fabulous.....very atmospheric. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful card Hellen, amazing background you have created, love that image.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is such a beauty! ... I love it all. It's pretty , fresh, elegant and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, this card is amazing, love the wonderful background, and also the words framing the image, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

Popular Posts