Monday, 2 September 2013

Clarity Challenge Blog 7 - Vintage


Well that's it - August is done and dusted, the last few early mornings have felt really autumnal although we've had some hot days to follow them. With the start of a new month we say well done to the winners from the last Clarity Challenge Blog - as usual some fabulous entries. I love to see how people interpret the Claritystamps with a different view - so inspirational to see, thank you.

The new challenge is 'Vintage' and here is my interpretation - High Tea - yummy cake and a cup of tea lol !



 I used the Kitchen Remountable Stamps for the cake, stand, plate and cup of tea coloured with my Spectrum Noir pens, the Wrought Iron Chandelier and the Tea Verse from Claritystamps  to make this card. The table cloth was simply hand drawn on a piece of paper - lots of rubbing out before I got it right! - and used as a stencil on some backing paper I had and white linen card for the top cloth. Of course with high tea you must have a matching napkin - again practised the shape on paper before cutting out on a matching scrap of backing paper.

Some lace, some pearls and a bit of Frantage and we're done...

There are some fabulous Vintage samples for you to see by the rest of the design team over on the Claritystamps Blog so why not pop over and take a look - hope you'll have a go and can't wait to see your ideas ! Happy September everyone x

 

9 comments:

  1. Hellen this is gloriously vintage! I was intrigued by the tablecloth - you have done a mighty fine job its great. I love the whole thing - great colours too. Now who is going to serve me a nice cream tea? X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hellen this is such an amazing piece of artwork. I so admire the way you've drawn the table cloth and napkin (I can't draw for toffee!)
    How inviting it looks. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm Hellen. Tea and cake! You can't get better than that!! Such a lovely interpretation of vintage and so clever to draw some bits of it too! The colours are really pretty too and you can just imagine ladies taking tea here! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good enough to eat Hellen! Love the colours and design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect for afternoon tea....what a brilliant take on vintage...and yes...like everyone else I could just eat that sandwich cake....x

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card Hellen, such a fabulous design.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore this Hellen, such lovely interpretation for this theme xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card Hellen. The cake looks good enough to eat and you've done a fab job with the tablecloth. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is truly interesting post, but I do not see everything completely clear, especially for someone not involved in that topic. Anyway very interesting to me.
    Cardsharing Server | Best cardsharing | Dreambox Cardsharing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

Magnolia, Gummiapan and Roxstamps, Hello Notecard by Hellen

Hello ! This is me waving and saying hello with some stamps and dies from Swedish HouseCrafts (SHC) as a new member of a brand new design...