Take One Stamp........


Two cards here using a fabulous stamp from Impression Obsession (CC069 C-A-C Craquelure) which is a massive 5.75'' square so makes an ideal background for my usual 6'' square cards. Obviously you don't need to use the whole stamp so you can just crackle a corner or two if you wish - think I'm going to be using this one quite a bit!
 
First up I've used it as the main image to create a gold embossed background on cream card, I then trimmed and matted onto black card. Then I stamped a sentiment I already had onto a strip of cream card and again matted onto black card. Now I love how effective black and white or black and cream can look - but the sun was shining so I had to add some colour! First I used my Memory Box die Magic Flourish and cut that out of black card, then I used my alcohol inks to colour some flowers from my stash. I wanted really bright colours to create a focus. A few pearls and we're done - simples!
 
The next one again uses the IO stamp to create a background, again in gold embossing on cream card which I matted onto red card. The feature stamp is from Stampendous CRR143 Snowy Postcard which I stamped in Cranberry Adirondack Ink on cream card which I again matted onto red card. I added the gingham ribbon, sentiment and lace from my stash .
 
Thank you to all my new followers, it's lovely to see you! x

 
Oyster Stamps, Rochester, Kent - Telephone 01634 686823 or Website www.oysterstamps.co.uk 

Comments

  1. Two beautiful cards Hellen love the background stamp
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 fabulous cards, both very different using that fab crackle effect background stamp, looks superb, I have that gorgeous classic postcard stamp by Stampendous and I love it, love the colour you've chosen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 great cards Hellen I like the top one with just the red as a splash of colour and the other one is great - love that stampendous stamp x

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 Fab Cards Hellen Love them both very much
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards Hellen, I love them both, and like Zoe, I have the postcard stamp, I'd never have thought of using Cranberry, what a fab colour. Hugs P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. two beautiful cards Hellen, I have the postcard stamp, really makes a lovely Christmas card, love your crackle background.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab cards Hellen, my fav is the top one, how did you find using this big stamp, did you use the stamp press? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, yes I find the stamp press brilliant for these large stamps - no missed bits at all x

      Delete
  8. Great cards Hellen ... super deigns and that postcard stamp makes me really FEEL Christmas!
    Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both of these cards, Hellen.....hard to pick a fave, but I'm drawn to the 'drama' of the first one.....although you've used an all-over stamp, it still looks clean & simple....fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two beautiful cards. I really like them both you've got a very useful stamp there. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

Popular Posts