Saturday, 3 August 2013

Heartfelt Creations Tattered Collage HCPC3471

Here's a  card I made using a large stamp from Heartfelt Creations. These stamps with verse and picture are really useful, obviously you could use it as is and simply colour in the flowers but to me it was shouting out for a bit of decoupage.
 
The main image is stamped onto linen cardstock and I coloured the leaves and flowers with alcohol ink pens, I only worried about the shading on the flowers that would show and the leaves.
 
I then stamped the part of the stamp with the flowers onto Neenah cardstock twice. This gives me two layers per flower. Reading the packet I see there is a matching 'Tattered Blossom Die' which might have saved me some time but it can be done either way - your choice.
 
I picked out three flowers as my main images from the stamped part images on the Neenah card and coloured them with shading this time. After cutting them out I went around the edges with the ink pen so there would be no white edges showing and then shaped them using a piece of foam with my ball tool to get some depth.
 
After matting and layering I stuck the decoupaged flowers on and added a few gems to highlight the centres. I didn't have the right green card so I used my alcohol ink pens to colour the edge of a piece of white card to match it to the leaves.
 
Stamp available from Oyster Stamps, Rochester or on their website http://www.oysterstamps.co.uk
 
Well I hope you like it, I enjoyed making it! x

PS - just found out this stamp isn't showing on the website but they are happy to take phone orders 01634 686823

23 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful Hellen,
    funny I ordered a couple of Heartfelt stamps yesterday for a change
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqui - I've never used them before either so was pleased this came out OK x

      Delete
  2. Ooooo got to buy this set .. beautiful card!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow hellen I absolutely love this card. the dimension is so realistic and I just love script behind flowers fantastic x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennie,I love this style to so when I saw the stamp I had to get it!x

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous Hellen. Brilliant colour work x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Hellen, beautiful colours on the flowers and leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear another beauty to add to my ever growing must have list lol! Gorgeous card Hellen, love the vibrant flowers, and yes cries out for dimension xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LoL - if it's anything like my list it just keeps growing and growing! x

      Delete
  8. Wow, this is absolutely fabulous and the decoupage definitely adds to the beauty....I love everything about it! I'm popping over to OS now....are you on commission?? haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it, have fun shopping - it's all just so tempting! x

      Delete
    2. I have a few HC stamps, sitting in my drawer, unopened, of course ;-) x

      Delete
  9. great background Hellen but those flowers are FABULOUS xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Hellen, the flowers are super, as is the background, just fabulous. Hugs P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Hellen, beautiful card, gorgeous flowers love red..
    sorry thought I had been by your blog.
    hugs pam

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

April Workshop

Hi - happy Monday ! Just a quick post to show my card design for my next workshop this Saturday the 29th. It's a good exercise o...