Clarity Challenge 6 - Animals


Well here we go with another new challenge for Clarity! There were some fabulous entries last month, combined with the beautiful weather it really made it feel like summer seeing all the holiday designs - happy days.
Please pop over here to see who the winner was, I hope they enjoy spending their £50 prize on some  Claritystamps  stamps! We also pick a top 5 which is soooo difficult when everyone produces such lovely designs.
So back to this month's challenge which is animals. I  don't have many animal stamps so my challenge was to manage to make a card with just 2 animal images LOL !
I used the black cat from Clarity's Birdhouse set, remember lesson 18? A lot of stamps in this set and really versatile with so many options. I added the butterfly from the Cat and The Butterfly stamp. The sentiment - thank you - was the latest issue from Claritystamp's NDC and I couldn't resist sitting the cat on the extension line of the stamp. For the background I just randomly stamped the small Leafy Swirl stamp.
So that's  the Claritystamps I used - the flower and leaves were die cuts and I pulled it all together with some matting and layering.
I do love classic black and white and that is what I was aiming for, but that little bit of rebel in me just HAS to add a bit of colour ! The yellow daisy centre was matched to some of the matting which for me finished it off.
So maybe you will have a go this month and I hope I have shown you that even if you don't have many stamps to match the theme you can still create a suitable design. Please check out the rest of the design team's samples for more ideas - they are truly fabulous. Hope you have fun!

Comments

  1. Hellen its fab! I love black and white cards but that touch of yellow really sets it off perfectly! And how useful is that leafy swirl stamp...its a definite must have! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hellen, how elegant, just lovely. I think the yellow just sets it off and so clever to incorporate in the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab, fun and crisp Hellen! totally love the bright feel to this!! I'd be honoured to recieve this!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just goes to show that you don't have to own that many stamps to produce a work of art Hellen! Fantastic inspiration for this months challenge :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card Hellen. The design looks fab in black and white and the yellow sets it all off so well. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I do love B&W, don't know why I don't do more myself? Lol, hmmmm! Anyway this is lovely, very elegant. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Hellen, love the touch of colour on the flower. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything about this Hellen, it's stunning! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hellen I have seen this card in the flesh and its stunning darling
    Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card Hellen, ...great use of the stamps...x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this piece of art Hellen. So very elegant and such good inspiration.
    You always manage to make your samples look so crisp and professional x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooo this is fabulous Hellen, love the touch of yellow too! :o)
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Soooo classy I love everything about it the background (two of my fave stamps) the little cat looking at the fltterby and the flower is beautiful. I like how you have the cat sat on the line x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful as always Hellen I have yet to see a card of yours I don't like xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

Popular Posts