Sunday, 18 August 2013

Quietfire Designs - Sentiment Tags

 Sometimes I like to just use a sentiment stamp on a card or tag and here are two beauties I found by Quietfire Designs at my last trip to Oyster Stamps .





 
This first one I had in mind for a Grandson going off to university - and we all know how hard male cards are to do! So this one was perfect to me, I used some papers I already had and distressed the edges - first by pulling the edges (using a wet wipe and my nail!) and second by using distress ink (Tim Holtz Faded Jeans) . A little bit of Frantage and a couple of embellishments from my stash and it was done. I wanted to keep a vintage look so I stamped the sentiment on a  piece of backing paper and cut out the oval shape with my Spellbinders Classic Ovals die.
 
 
 
 
 




The second one is more girlie and I thought suitable for someone moving to a new home - hence the key and little house charms on there. I used similar methods as the first one to distress the edges (using Spun Sugar DI) and used Memory Box Tiffany Frame to highlight the sentiment. I added a few Liquid Pearls to finish it off.
So two tags from two little stamps, I find the tag style of card suits using sentiments as they really become the focus of the card.
 
Hi to my new followers - hope you enjoy looking through my designs, and thank you to all my followers for following x

Quietfire Designs stamps, Spellbinder and Memory Box Dies, Distress Inks,  Frantage and Liquid Pearls were from - Oyster Stamps, Rochester, Kent - Telephone 01634 686823 or Website http://www.oysterstamps.co.uk

9 comments:

  1. Lovely, really like the sentiments x

    ReplyDelete
  2. two beautiful Tags hellen, they are lovely sentiments, your grandson will treasure his.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Hellen I like both of these. xx Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful tags Hellen love your papers and sentiments
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, lovely sentiments xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so pretty Hellen! Love the soft colours and addition of frantage. (I have some frantage, but I keep forgetting about it, you have inspired me to get it out again!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful Hellen! :o)
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous tags Hellen, lovely soft colours, the layouts are fab, I love them both, Hugs P xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

Card made using Roxsprint Die and Gummiapan Stamp and Dies

Hello! Yes it's me saying hello again on a card made using products from Swedish Housecrafts. Just one stamp - Daisy Face b...