Poppies Over Porlock Bay

We had a lovely week in Somerset again, the weather was fantastic we've been lucky the last few times and it does make a difference! My favourite time down there is still the Autumn but this time the heat seemed to make all the wild flowers ping with colour. It seemed appropriate then to make my ATC for this month's theme 'Colour' to reflect this.
 

Poppies over Porlock Bay

We visited all our old haunts, Simonsbath, Exford, Dunster and of course Porlock and Porlock Weir. There were foxgloves, poppies, cow parsley and some little pink flowers everywhere we went. But the poppies were just so vibrant I had to use the Claritystamp 'Tall Poppies' , obviously using only part of the stamp - remember this ATC is only 2.5 by 3.5 inches !

Having stamped I used the Claritystamp Clouds Mask and a hand made sun mask and got to work with my Panpastels to make the background - I even managed to get an interpretation of Bossington Hill in ! I used the positive and negative to do the sun so I could add 2 colours to my sun to show how hot it was! The poppies were coloured with my Spectrum Noir pens and then lacquered with 3D Crystal Lacquer, which I also used to highlight the sea where the sun was reflecting off it. The centre of the poppies was finished off with Flowersoft in a dark green.

So a happy memory of a beautiful place x

Comments

  1. beautiful card Hellen love the texture of your image
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said when I first saw this Hellen it is beyond Idyllic!! I want to be there!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is stunning Hellen, and those clouds are wonderful, you really must show me how to do them! Pleeeeeeeze! Lol beautiful poppies, colourful, bright and cheerful, love it xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great Hellen need you to show us how to do clouds need the mask
    Love poppies and you make them so real
    Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning ATC Hellen,..the colour really does pop....those poppies are fab...x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the colours and the design. Still have cloud envy... xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning Hellen! :o)
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

Popular Posts