Thursday, 4 July 2013

Lavinia Challenge Blog 5 - Use a Punch or Die Shape


Well it had to be done - Christmas in July! Yes I know - we haven't really had a summer (but there's hope for next week......) but we all know how busy it gets nearer to the time so I've started now.

This tag is an entry for the Lavinia Stamp Challenge this month, the theme being use a punch or die shape in the design. I'm hoping I've interpreted it right and used - Dee's Distinctively Die 'Stacker Tree' and Marianne Creatables 'Merry Christmas'.

The stamps are from Lavinia Stamps of course - Fairy Shops 1 and 2 which make a fab street scene, this time a Christmas shopping one. Won't be long and we'll all be in the thick of it but wouldn't it be nice to visit 'Bows and Buttons' and 'Wands and Wishes' !

I stamped them onto cream card with Adirondack Ink 'Espresso' and them pulled the colour out with a wet brush, I was hoping for a vintage effect which in my head went with the style of the shops. I attached the trees and then the cut out shops with foam pads onto a piece of Centura Pearl card which I had brayered with Bellini Peach, Wild Plum and Stonewashed inks. I inked on the pearlised side which gave a nice subtle effect I think. A bit of Glamour Dust and Liquid Pearls with some pretty ribbon and we're done.

So fingers crossed it meets the theme but at least I've made a start on the Christmas mountain! x

11 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful Hellen! I love the soft colours and the sparkly white trees, fab. Thank you for entering the Lavinia Challenge, good luck! Wendy (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Hellen, it's never to soon to start! Kx DT member

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hellen, this is a fabulous tag....I love those little fairy shops, might have to think about getting them, and the frosty trees are gorgeous :-) Good luck in our 5th Lavinia challenge.
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this but oh no! not christmas already , only joking I think it is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Hellen, I love it! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This really is beautiful Hellen, stunning! :o)
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Christmas tag, love the frosty trees and the lovely stamp used.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Christmas scene, the white trees give it a magical feel. Thank you for entering the Lavinia Challenge this month, and good luck. Hugs Pauline, DT member xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW this is beautiful Hellen, love the scene and the colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ellie,
    Can you tell me where you obtained the – Dee's Distinctively Snow Covered Stacker Tree from?
    Thanks a lot,
    Marion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Marion, I got mine from www.oysterstamps.co.uk. They have a shop in Rochester if you're nearby. Hope this helps.

      Delete

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

Magnolia, Gummiapan and Roxstamps, Hello Notecard by Hellen

Hello ! This is me waving and saying hello with some stamps and dies from Swedish HouseCrafts (SHC) as a new member of a brand new design...