Sunday, 14 July 2013

Eileen's July Workshop

Just a quick blog as I am wilting in the heat! Here are a couple of cards we made at Eileen Godwin's workshop yesterday. More new techniques!

 
Enjoyed making this one, used white embossing powder and distress inks. Took a while to do but well worth it. Everyone used different colours and it was great to see the differences, none of us could choose a favourite they were all good!
 


And now for something completely different! Eileen does keep us on our toes! This one used an embossing folder covered in ink and spritzed before embossing the card through a Big Shot. Then a bit of additional distressing around the edges and some gilding wax to finish the background. I cut the letters out twice, in gold and black before attaching with foam pads.

Great fun and such a lovely bunch of crafters - can't wait for next month's delights! x

10 comments:

  1. Both Fabulous cards Hellen. I can't pick a favourite. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hellen they are gorgeous. Really good x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fandabbiblimminwonderful ... I just TOTALLY love the colours of both cards!
    E xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Hellen, love the colours you've used for them. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both soooo stunning Hellen, just love them, love how the "Love" card turned out, I didn't see it finished its amazing, love how you've shadowed the letters really effective! Really is a classy design. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Hellen! Your embossed card is amazing... unfortunately mine was not lol!! Love the colours in the embossed one (and the floral one too)and how you've shadowed the letters, fab! My mum and I really enjoyed the day, we're coming back in September, see you then! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are absolutely beautiful Hellen! :o)
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prachtige kaarten
    Groetjes Gerrie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Helen, these cards are both fabulous.....I can't choose between them. I love the HA stamp & colouring on the 1st one, and I love the 'love' & background on the 2nd one. Brilliant work xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

April Workshop

Hi - happy Monday ! Just a quick post to show my card design for my next workshop this Saturday the 29th. It's a good exercise o...