Monday, 1 July 2013

Clarity Challenge Blog 5 - Oh I do Like to be Beside the Seaside

 
 
 
Wow - where did June go! Another month of fabulous entries to the Clarity Challenge Blog, well done to the winners. Click here to go to the blog and see who they are. You'll also see all about the next challenge, we may not be having the sunshine we want but it is summer and holiday season is upon us - so it's 'Oh I do like to be beside the seaside'.
 
Whenever I start a card I always make a tick list in my head of what I'm hoping to achieve so for me it was bright colours, fisherman's cottages, beach huts and blue skies. We spent many happy holidays, when my girls were young, in Cornwall so memories of that came to mind. I wanted to try something different and so I created my background by stamping the cottages and then painting them with distress inks. I am in love with some of the bright colours such as Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feather and so they were my first choice! I cut the background into 3 and mounted onto red card then matted onto a blue stripe card which was matted onto navy card.


Gettin' messy!

I stamped the beach hut onto a separate piece of card, masked it and created the sky with a Clarity Clouds Mask and Pan Pastels. I then created a separate frame with white and navy card, this is when I do the scary bit (the writing) before I assemble any further in case I mess it up! A deep breath and stern words ('Just do it Hellen') are very helpful  I find! Having positioned the completed frame with foam pads it looked like it needed something else so I coloured and cut out the seagull and created a lifebuoy and net from a piece of cheesecloth and some card. The seagull made me think of my cat so HMS Piper was born...........

Here's a list of what I used -

Clarity Stamps - Seagull, Beach Huts, Row of Houses

Distress Inks - Peacock Feather, Picked Raspberry, Mown Lawn, Squeezed Lemonade, Faded Jeans, Barn Door.

So whatever you're doing this summer I hope you enjoy it and I hope I have triggered a memory of sunny days beside the sea! x

14 comments:

  1. Like this a lot Hellen .... Makes me want to take a trip out to the Seaside! ... Great design
    E xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Hellen Like Lynne you never disappoint or fail to inspire me. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great design Hellen and the colours are perfect, love the seagull and the life ring. Perfect finishing touches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. J'adore this Hellen!! A true stunner xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Hellen and that writing!!!! so cleverly done. Its a lovely design well thought out xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this Hellen. It's so vibrant and the red and blue mats set it all off so well. It's one of those cards that really puts a smile on your face. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Hellen. So colourful and cheerful. Love how you've put the houses - makes it looks like the houses nestled in the hills in Cornwall!
    Beautiful creation xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Hellen, the colours are so vibrant and bring back happy memories of times spent by the coast with coloured house in the background. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab artwork Hellen, lovely bright colours and love your embellishments and the writing :-)


    xx Sazzle xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You certainly ticked all your boxes, Hellen, this is a fabulous card, lovely and bright and very seasidey

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving this Hellen, really makes you think of a beach front. Great design and colours.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant work Hellen, I love the composition and the bright summer colours. X

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great project Hellen, I love it, so much interest...xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So bright and summery Hellen. I love it! Well done to you! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

Card made using Roxsprint Die and Gummiapan Stamp and Dies

Hello! Yes it's me saying hello again on a card made using products from Swedish Housecrafts. Just one stamp - Daisy Face b...