Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Clarity Festival ATC

Once a month a few of us who met up at Cowden last year swap an ATC. This  month's theme was 'Festival' and what came to mind for me was Mardi Gras - bright colours, music, fireworks and masks - yep think I ticked all my boxes!
 
 
I used Peacock Feather Distress Ink and did a basic brayer of colour onto Centura Pearl card. I then went in on the corners with a sponge to create a lighter centre before stamping Clarity Music Score in the same colour ink. I then stamped and gold embossed Clarity Fizzy Fit which I thought looked sort of fireworky!
 
Using the Clarity NDC Mask Stamp I first stamped it with Versamark Ink and gold embossed onto heat resistant acetate and then stamped it again with Versafine ink onto a piece of card. The acetate version was completely cut out and glued to the ATC with silicone glue to make it stand out a little.
 
The card version was cut out just around the actual mask and the twirly bits cut off. They were easier to cut out in acetate which were going to show under the card mask anyway. The card mask was flitterglu'd and then Copper gilding flakes applied all over it and rubbed 'til they shone! The card mask was then stuck on top of the acetate one, again with silicone glue to lift it. I debated gilding the edges a bit but thought it would detract from the focus of the card so didn't do it.
 
I then added some twiddly bits with wire and beads and glued them under the card mask to look like they were a part of it.
 
So there you have it - a Festival ATC ! So pleased that the person who received it loved it - I'm still amazed at how much you can fit on to a piece of card 3.5 by 2.5 inches. x

10 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow this is great Hellen ,I love it so much such a lot of work gone into this and it show,s
    Hope you are well now
    Big Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martine - thanks for your lovely comments. Feeling much better now! x

      Delete
  2. I like this ... a LOT! Very rich design and colour. Eye poppingly ( is that a word?) attractive Hellen .
    Love it.
    E xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, guess the distress ink lessons are working! x

      Delete
  3. I was the lucky one to receive this work of Art which really brightened my way. It is so beautiful and stunning is the only word to describe it. Thanks Hellen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naomi - so glad you liked it x

      Delete
  4. Love this Hellen everything about it is beautiful, the colour has real depth. Bet whoever got it was delighted. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris - hope you've recovered from your golf marathon now! x

      Delete
  5. Fab ATC Hellen, I love all the bits on it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet, I felt it just needed a few bits to finish it off x

      Delete

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

April Workshop

Hi - happy Monday ! Just a quick post to show my card design for my next workshop this Saturday the 29th. It's a good exercise o...