Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Diamonds are a girls best friend

Well, I feel like a bus - nothing for ages and then 2 together! Funny how sometimes you've just gotta get it out of your system.



I made this card for the PanPastel UK Challenge which this week is 'Fairyland' and for this month's Lavinia Stamps Challenge which is 'Pastel Colours'.

I used linen cardstock and stamped Lavinia Stamps Poppies, Nigella and Pixies on with Versamark ink. I then dabbed  Chrome Ox. Green Tint PanPastel over the ink, when I was sure that the ink had absorbed the colour I then blended it to cover the card. The sentiment is also from Lavinia and I stamped that in black onto a separate piece of card and used a Spellbinders die - Deckled Rectangles. To finish I tinted the edges with the PanPastel colour and then with Mica Flakes and attached it using foam pads to give it a bit of lift. The flowers and pixies were embellished with Glamour Dust and a few gems.

So there you go, I've been a busy bee today, probably because I haven't been able to do much for the last month ! Thanks for looking x


10 comments:

  1. Oooh, pretty Hellen! Love the colour and the bling drops... Thank you for entering the Lavinia Challenge this month, good luck! Hugs, Wendy (DT member) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card with lots of yummy bling. Thank you Hellen for entering it into the Lavinia Stamps Challenge, and good luck. Hugs Pauline, Lavinia DT member. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Hellen, very delicate colour and nice technique xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and delicate - I like the rain drops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How VERY lovely is this. Love the colours.Great technique!
    E xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card....love the soft focus that the PP's have made, and there's just enough bling to make it look very special xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very pretty card Hellen with lovely colours, I particularly like the gem droplets. Thanks for sharing this at PanPastel UK.
    hugs {Brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, I love the gorgeous greens and the sparkle and the fairies look so lovely. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card ! Im trying to enter my card in the challenge but I'm not very good on the computer , so dont know if it will get there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So soft and gentle, a super frame for the sentiment block.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

April Workshop

Hi - happy Monday ! Just a quick post to show my card design for my next workshop this Saturday the 29th. It's a good exercise o...