Wednesday, 1 May 2013

Clarity Challenge 3 - It's All In The Sentiment


Challenge 3 already! Where does the time go? It has been lovely to see everyone's entries in the Challenges so far.
 
I always find it inspirational to look at other crafter's ways to use the stamps.
 
Interesting one this month as the theme is about a sentiment rather than an image. There are some fab interpretations by the design team on the website - Clarity Challenge Blog so I hope you'll take a look and see.
 
Clarity does have a great range of sentiments and this is one I particularly love. Having decided on the stamp I wanted to keep the colours delicate to keep the focus on the sentiment.
 
I am also hopeless at brayering , yes I know - what a confession from a Clarity designer! They come out OK sometimes but more often than not they don't, so to start with I used a backing paper from the new 'Vintage Spring Basics' by Maja Designs. which I then adapted by distressing the edges using Adirondack Ink - Stonewashed having stamped around the edges using Clarity Stamp Small Leafy Swirl with Adirondack Ink  Juniper and Distress Ink Antique Linen.

Whilst that was all drying I used a Spellbinders oval die to cut a shape in a co-ordinating paper and stamped the Clarity Stamp 'Never Forget' on it. I then used a Memory Box die called Tiffany Frame and attached it to the oval using foam pads and then stuck pearls on to embellish. I used another Memory Box die called La Rue Heart which I popped behind the oval before attaching to the card.
 
I felt the card was out of balance so I used some flower dies to make the corner group and added some pearls and pins to finish it off. There you go - different I know, but if I struggle with a technique I try to find other ways of doing things which can be just as effective. I'll keep practising with my brayer and for scenes you can't beat it, I am always in awe at others who produce some beautiful pieces of art with theirs - not least of course Barbara Gray!
 
Hope you all enjoy having a go at your own interpretation of the theme this month and I look forward to seeing them! x

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful just beautiful and I love the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Hellen love your colours and the delicate way you've arranged your card layout, gorgeous
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I love this, delicate composition. So lovely, ad the colors are classy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Hellen. I love how you've stamped on the patterned paper, it's really effective. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply gorgeous and fab colours Hellen, love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a dainty piece of work. So many elements which all work perfectly together.
    Pretty as a picture!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. so beautiful and so feminine, love your choice of sentiment.Love your use of patterned paper to stamp on it works so well. The whole card is one I would love to receive xxxxAnnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card Hellen! It really is so pretty with the pastel colours and the delicate diecuts. And a sentiment that I now need!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Blue and green together. This is fab :) Love the Paper you have used and the stamping over it too it makes for a lovely effect. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooooh Hellen such a feminine card, such soft and delicate colours and dainty embellishments. Love it :-)


    xx Sazzle xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty Hellen... elegant and charming.
    Good work matey! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely work Hellen, very pretty. X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

Magnolia, Gummiapan and Roxstamps, Hello Notecard by Hellen

Hello ! This is me waving and saying hello with some stamps and dies from Swedish HouseCrafts (SHC) as a new member of a brand new design...