Lavinia Challenge Blog 2 - Bright and Beautiful


Ah, feels good to be doing some craftin' again. For those that don't know, I had a bad fall last week - from the top of a flight of stairs all the way to the bottom! So lucky to have only broken a toe but covered in bumps and bruises, staying in one position for too long can be a problem so snatching bits of sitting in between lying and walking around. So of course the sitting has to be crafting time!
 
That's one of the beauties of Panpastels (which I used to make this background) is that they are quick and easy to do. So having blended onto linen card stock I then stamped on top with Adirondack Slate and Eggplant, and Peacock Feather Distress Ink using Lavinia Stamps Lavender and Nigela. I then heat embossed with gold the Small Pixies and Stars. I added some gold glitter to the tops of some of the flowers to look like some of the fairy dust had landed there!
 

After matting onto bronze card stock I added some ivy leaves I cut using a Crealies Die from some 'Caught in Crystal' acetate I'd made earlier. Love how the flakes of gold shine through the rich inks and acetate.

So that's it for now - I'm entering this in Lavinia's Stamp Challenge Blog 2, Bright and Beautiful.


Hope you all have a great weekend and I hope to be 'running around' again soon ! x







Comments

  1. What a beautiful card. Love the colours and the leaves on the right are gorgeous. Do hope you feel better really soon. Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment and for your good wishes Di x

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful Hellen love the colours and design
    hope you're feeling better soon
    jacqui xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqui, beginning to feel better - missed my crafting! x

      Delete
  3. Fabulous card, love background colours, the stamps and great leaves.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sylv, challenges are such fun as I try out things I wouldn't normally x

      Delete
  4. Lovely card Hellen, beautiful colours. Good to hear your on the mend and able to sit long enough to do some crafting!

    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely is this Hellen... thanks for sharing and I'm pleased to hear you are getting better ... nasty fall!
    I keep meaning to try the 'caught in crystal' I have the stuff and know what to do ... its time.... but this looks fab so I need to have a go
    Eileen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so pretty Hellen! and those leaves are super. Thanks for entering the Lavinia challenge, good luck! PS hope you feel better soon after your nasty fall! Wendy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Hellen, thank you for entering it into the Challenge, and good luck. Hope you toe mends quickly. Hugs Pauline, Lavinia DT member xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Hellen! those leaves are beautiful, and I just LOVE any thing with sparkle on it! many thanks for entering the challenge. Love Melissa (DT Member)xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Hellen. Hope you are on the road to recovery. Kx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

Popular Posts