Lavinia Stamps - Challenge Blog Number 1 Entry





So much going on in the crafting world at the moment. Must be spring fever !

Here's a card I made using Lavinia Stamps, thought I'd enter it into their first challenge blog - Anything Goes.

I made the image panel first by distressing with Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade and a touch of Pickled Raspberry - LOL sounds like a recipe! I stamped on top with Adirondack Inks Slate and Cranberry and Black Memento Ink. I find using 3 colours I can get a feeling of depth - lightest at the back and darkest at the front. The stamps I used were Creeping Vine, Trailing Ivy and Fairy House and I highlighted areas with some glamour dust. I used a Martha Stwart punch for the flying butterflies and a Memory Box die called Butterfly Vine for the border. Some simple matting and layering - eh voila!

Well best get on now, the weather looks pretty grim out of my window but not as bad as some people have it in the rest of the country. Stay safe and take care if you are affected by the weather. x

Comments

  1. great card Naomi good luck with the challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Hellen .. but need a LIVE link back to the challenge blog from this post to enter into the challenge ... woohoo!!! Exxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry thought the one on the left was enough - have changed the blog to include the link :-) !x

      Delete
  3. lovely use of the stamps and the colour is scrummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, love the colours, stamping and the beautiful butterflies.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Hellen, this is beautiful, I love the colouring and the buterflies such a great idea... fab card good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire - the butterflies were an afterthought but do seem to finish it off x

      Delete
  6. Great card, thanks for entering the Lavinia Stamps Challenge, good luck! Wendy Lavinia DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Hellen ... super stuff ... good luck.
    E xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you, lovin' your stamps x

      Delete
  9. Love your choice of colours, and the stamps. It all works really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shaz - your entry is really fab, good luck!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

Popular Posts