Clarity Stamp Challenge Blog Reminder for March

Got used to blogging every day with Jayne Nestorenko's stamp launch! So to stop my withdrawals here is one I made early using Claritystamps. Only a few more days before we close the Clarity Stamp Challenge Blog for March, there have been lots of super entries but there is still time to do one and have a go. April's challenge will go live on the 1st with a new theme.
 
This one started as an ATC for the Clarity group I'm in, I think we all struggled with the idea of this one but there were some fabulous ATCs being sent out in the end. We are truly our own worst critics!
 
The theme for the month was Inspiration - and do you think I could get any? - in the end I just looked out of my window and although it was a cold and snowy scene that I saw, I could visualise summer coming (oh please hurry up!).

So this first picture is of the card I made looking through a window (there is acetate behind the top frame). I used Clarity stamps - Cherry Blossom, Poppies and Lupin and then stamped the Butterfly stamp onto acetate and coloured before cutting out to attach to the front. The little butterflies in the scene are simply punched ones.






So the ATC I sent is based on this idea but using the Clarity Spring Bouquet stamp. The rhyme started with something I remembered from school days - 'Can't think, Brain numb, Inspiration won't come' and I added onto that ' I looked around and what did I see? Nature was inspiring me.'
 
So there you have it 2 for the price of one lol!
 
I hope you all enjoyed Jayne's show yesterday on Create and Craft, I see there was one sell out so I'm really pleased for her and am looking forward to doing some more cards for her at the next launch. Welcome to my newest follower Debbie. x

Comments

  1. What a beautiful card Hellen and and lovely reminder about the challenge. You know I loved the ATC. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naomi, wish I could see this out of my window at the moment!x

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous, as always. What do you use to colour onto acetate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, thanks. I use stazon ink on the acetate (leave to dry for ages) and colour with Promarkers on the reverse side. That way you ensure no bleeding x

      Delete
    2. oops - I'm assuming you're a Debbie sorry if you're not!

      Delete
  3. You gave me heart failure when I first read this post. I thought I had lost another month this year and missed the announcement of another Clarity Challenge. Then I took a deep breath and read it properly and recovered. That is such a pretty card for the challenge, and shows real inspiration. right I am off now to see if I can find inspiration for the Clarity ATC challenge for this month - I have left it a bit late as I don't have much in the way of suitable stamps. Good luck with your entry. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous Hellen. love that window card
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqui, it sort of evolved from the frame card (pink flower) I did the other week.x

      Delete
  5. Love your window card, might have to "borrow" that idea, I've been using the spring bouquet stamp today too for last minute Easter cards,
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, it is a useful and pretty stamp isn't it. I'm still working on easter cards - 1 more to do before bed ! Thank you for joining my blog x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

Popular Posts