Sunday, 17 March 2013

Eileen's Pans





Another fab workshop with Eileen Godwin yesterday. So good to meet up with my crafting buddies again and to meet new ones, everyone has a slightly different take on what Eileen shows us and the whole day is a massive learning curve! Even Daisy and Holly joined us for a wee while :-)

We spent the day using pans with other mediums -



The left tag was made using a Sweet Poppy stencil of a fairy castle with Versamark Ink through the stencil and then Panpastels added. The middle and right tag was made using a stencil without Versamark, an acetate butterfly on the middle one and elements of the stencil were decoupaged on the right one.



The left card was made using peel offs (de tack them first!) which left a white border around the images although I left some of the peel offs on for a different dimension. The right card was made using the negative 'moon' mask to create the circles before stamping on them and  Frantage was sprinkled on and heated up to finish it off with a butterfly added.

The other great thing about workshops is that you get the chance to use mediums you've not tried before - Frantage is now going on my shopping list! I really can recommend going to any workshops near you they have helped me so much in being able to practice with new products and old and new techniques - they're also great fun!

Welcome and thanks to my new followers, in a few weeks I'll be able to show you some of the cards I have made for Jayne Nestorenko's new stamp launch which is on the 27th March at 11am on Create and Craft. I had great fun making them and hope they show some of my favourites - fingers crossed! x

9 comments:

  1. Great cards and love the tags, glad you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry I couldn't join you all again this time :-( everything looks fab as always Hellen, great cards/tags! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards & tags Hellen, we do have fun don't we, we didn't even get sent to the naughty corner this month.

    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fink we nearly did this month lol ! x

      Delete
  4. These are gorgeous Hellen love to see your work that you do at Eileens its so inspiring
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great Hellen that's a really clever idea with the peel offs.. I have 2 boxes full I no longer use..mmm might have to get them back out and have another look lol.

    Looks like you all had a great day.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do such great work at the Workshops Hellen... such a star with your support and then a super post like this too! .. I've been a bit poorly with some sot of sneezing allergy! Thought it was a cold but no ..... feeling fine now!!
    I'll link to this post on my next post Hellen .
    Thanks crafty pal xxx
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hellen, it was really great to meet you! I had a fabulous day and can't wait to go again, fabulous projects xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

April Workshop

Hi - happy Monday ! Just a quick post to show my card design for my next workshop this Saturday the 29th. It's a good exercise o...