Friday, 1 March 2013

Clarity Challenge 1 - Anything Goes .....

Hurrah - the first Clarity Challenge Blog has begun - I hope you'll have a go!

I have to say when I saw the theme for the first month my brain froze over lol and that was after I managed to get the song 'Anything Goes' out of my head! So many thoughts and ideas, I had to walk away for a while to try and focus on a single idea. I had a few goes at other ideas, but I'm not showing them lol - one of those times when things just don't go right !
 

I wanted to use colour as I love to do that, so Promarkers went on my list of things to use followed by Panpastels.  You could do this card using inks if you prefer but I personally find Pans easier to use and so much more forgiving - you can rub them out! How great is that! Inks - I love the intensity of colour but I find I am quite heavy handed (Barbara's words ring through my head ' you can always put it on but you can't take it off') but it doesn't seem to help me - Pans and I get on better to make backgrounds and I can build the colour up easier.
 
Meadow dance is stamped in Versamark ink and then Panpastels put on over it. Be careful here, it's the only time you 'dab' pastels - to cover all the inked area before you start blending. Then you stamp the verse and The Vine in Versafine ink. Normally you would seal before you stamp BUT it's tricky to rub out the Pans after sealing and you may need to (using a normal eraser),  where you want to colour on The Vine and The Butterfly image with the Promarkers.
 
Embellishments – Foiled butterfly and bling from my stash.
 
Background - I always use linen card stock when using Pans, it gives a better finish I think. This is matted onto navy blue card and onto silver mirri card before attaching to a gatefold piece of white card stock.
 
So there you go - my first offering for the challenge blog hope you enjoy making yours and can't wait to see it! Just click on the design team badge on the right and you'll go straight to the blog x

28 comments:

  1. Very, very pretty Hellen .. just love this design.
    Superb work xx
    E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, all seemed to go well together x

      Delete
  2. Absolutely beautiful Hellen you really have done a lovely job on your first (of many) design posts
    Lovely!!
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqui,hope you're going to enter? x

      Delete
  3. Hellen what a beautiful scene you've created with your stamps and that verse. Great inspiration and talent :-)


    xx Sazzle xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Hellen Love the stamp the card is just stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card and colors, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So springlike Hellen - perfect for Mar 1st!! ita a beaut hon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Hellen. I love how you've mixed the PanPastels and ProMarkers. I must try that. Especially, as you say, you can rub out where you want to colour in. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynne, saves an awful lot of masking!Cutting out is not my favourite thing - Clarity masks are a godsend :-) x

      Delete
  8. Great scene Hellen and clever use of the rubber x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love everything about this card Hellen, it's beautiful and well designed xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this one Hellen. The stamps all go together so well. Such a great start to the challenge blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Jane, it was great to see we had all done such different styles - all of them fab!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Helen this is so pretty and beautifully done x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this card Hellen.
    Lovely choice of stamps and fantastic inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for such a clear description of your beautiful work. Such a perfect mix of stamps and lovely colouring. Real inspiration. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie, hope you will be entering the challenge too x

      Delete
  15. Lovely Spring card Hellen. Congratulations on being part of the Clarity blog Design Team. Look forward to seeing more of your work. X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

April Workshop

Hi - happy Monday ! Just a quick post to show my card design for my next workshop this Saturday the 29th. It's a good exercise o...