Countdown to Clarity!

There are only 4 days to go before the Clarity Challenge Blog goes live so I wanted to make some Clarity inspired cards. I don't own hundreds of Clarity stamps (wish I did!), most of mine are from the monthly  New Design Club but I have bought one or two. They often get used as they are very versatile - yes some are used more than others so today I have 2  cards to show you using some of those stamps that get used a lot! I've been asked lately if I could make blank cards for people to add their own sentiment to, and also for Thank You cards.

The pink flower card is made using the Pretty Petals remountable set of stamps, I just used the plain one because I wanted a clear black outline and then I painted it with Picked Raspberries distress ink. I could have stamped the whole petal as there is one that is a 'block' for this purpose but I deliberately wanted the outline. Quite a bit of masking on the flower but they are really simple to cut out on a post it pad. I cut a square out of the top mat and mounted it over the flower using foam pads. The centre of the flower is glittered with Glamour Dust and the falling petal secured again by foam pads. Two sets of squiggly black lines (Pilot Pen) to finish off the 'frame' ( I cannot do this freehand - I use a see through ruler which keeps me on the straight and narrow!). I think a sixties pop arty feel to this card!


The second card took no time at all, simple blending with Panpastels to create a background and then after sealing I used Alium 2 stamp with Slate Grey and Wild Plum Adirnodack Ink and Versamark Ink with silver embossing powder. A few gems in the flower centres, then matted onto purple and silver card before putting onto a 6x6 card stock and stamping with a Thank You sentiment.



Both designs could be used for anything as you can stamp whatever sentiment you wish, or just leave them blank. Handy ones to have when you just need a quick card.

So, I hope you like these ones and I hope you'll be joining in with the Clarity Challenge on Friday - you don't have to have your own blog you can enter by email too - see you soon! x






Comments

  1. Beautiful cards, Hellen. Love the bright pink one, it's really eye-catching. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynne, yes I think the pink one is my favourite too - it's just such a lovely pink!x

      Delete
  2. Both are lovely cards in their own right, love the pink one, just bright and uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naomi, couldn't resist using it as soon as I opened it!x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Martine, hope to see you soon x

      Delete
  4. Great cards Hellen and a brilliant reminder about the challenge and how versatile Clarity Stamps are :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant cards Hellen I really like these a lot
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqui, simple style and only using one stamp for each (exc sentiment) but I think effective? Also I love the new colours in the distress inks so wanted to try them :-) x

      Delete
  6. Great cards Hellen and the flower one is very clean and classy.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are lovely Hellen, very elegant.
    I may borrow the flower idea and do my own interpretation if that's ok? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Karen, don't forget to show when you've done it! :-) x

      Delete
  8. Brilliant cards, Hellen, especially the pink one......sorry, but Pink is my favourite colour...great inspiration. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo - the pink did it for me as well! And I see you're a tinks fan too :-)

      Delete
  9. Beautiful cards Hellen ... like them both .. so attractive and pretty I cannot choose between them .. good luck with the challenge
    E xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen, thanks. Good luck to you too! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

Popular Posts