Tuesday, 29 January 2013

My Funny Valentine

Oh I love that song, especially the version by Chet Baker, which was played at our wedding. It just sends shivers down your spine.......anyway here is my funny valentine card for my dearly beloved.
 
Always hard to make cards for men I find, no lace, no ribbons, but hey I got a charm and some bling on !
 
This is an adaption of a design Eileen Godwin (Eileens Crafty Zone ) showed us at a recent PanPastels workshop. At the time we made a thank you card but the principle is so suited to any type of card.


 So first of all I cut a strip of white linen card and coloured it with red and yellow PanPastels, blending to orange. After sealing I used the Leafy Swirl Clarity stamp and 3 colours of ink to create the image and then with Versafine Ink I stamped a sentiment, again from Clarity. I matted this onto gold mirri card. The tag is a Magnolia one called Romance, again cut from linen card, blended as before and stamped with Leafy Swirl. This time I added a charm - I love you and tied it on with gold twine. I matted the base card with gold mirri and cream linen card stock then stuck the banner and tag on. It looked a bit empty at first but I wanted to keep it simple so I drew a wiggly black line to sort of join the components up.
 
There you have it - my funny valentine - 'cos it doesn't say valentine anywhere on it but I think the sentiment says enough ! Thanks for looking x

14 comments:

  1. Love it Hellen what a super card I'm sure it will be well received great colours
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqui, I do love panpastels - to me they are easier than ink x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Kim, I enjoyed doing it - love the pans!x

      Delete
  3. Ooo I like this a lot x a super card. The pans are so easy to work with and you get smashing results like this ...
    Cheers for the mention Hellen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen - I loved it when we did it at the WS - just a few tweaks and you can adapt it to anything you want. x

      Delete
  4. Great card Hellen, thought I had posted yesterday but it disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hellen this is my first visit to your blog I hadn't realised. This is a beautiful card, lovely rich colours. Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam - don't know why but I get better results with pans than inks - I just need to keep practising ! x

      Delete
  6. Oh this is really nice Hellen, I love your cards and art work. Where these done with Pan Pastels?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the workshops I have been going to with Eileen Godwin have been so helpful in learning how to use pans. I love 'em! Thanks for your lovely comment x

      Delete

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

April Workshop

Hi - happy Monday ! Just a quick post to show my card design for my next workshop this Saturday the 29th. It's a good exercise o...