Have a Fairy Merry Christmas

Yes - I'm like a bus, nothing for ages then two come together! Been so busy with other crafts I'm afraid I haven't had time to stop and take photos. Also busy at the moment with workshops, did a lovely one with Paul Church last weekend at Oyster Crafts using a Clarity stamp holly and ivy branch. Paul is a fabulous pattern builder and showed us how using pretty much one stamp we could make lots of different designs. Met some lovely crafting ladies and Martine (manager at Oyster's) even kept us entertained with her carol singing. Deep joy!

This Saturday I'm off to one with Eileen Godwin (Eileen's Crafty Zone) , who does some fabulous work with Pan Pastels. Haven't used pastels for years and am really looking forward to seeing how they've developed and what I can /should be able to do with them. Then the following Saturday I'm doing one with the lovely Jacqui Dennis (Cat's Whiskers) who is an accredited teacher in using alcohol pens, so looking forward to that as all my colouring is self taught. My head will be crammed with so much information I may have to go and lie down in a darkened room for a while!

Anyway onto todays card -



Again apologies for the lighting, I will have to sort it out but with the big yellow thing missing from the sky and my photography skills being minimal I am struggling. (Maybe I should find a photo workshop to do!!)

I designed this card with my teenage grand daughter in mind, she hopes to study graphics and art when she leaves school so I wanted something a little different for her christmas card.

Stamps – Lavinia Stamps, Have a Fairy Merry Christmas sentiment, Wet Wings (love it!) and Fairy House. Clarity Stamps - miniature santa and sleigh.

Dies – Spellbinders Create a Flake Four.

Background – Adirondack Inks Denim, Stonewashed, Lemonade and Wild Plum. The moon and hills were masked off and then I brayered and blended the inks to create a snow scene. I added the colour to the moon and stamped the sleigh then added some shading to the hills after I stamped the other images and removed the masking.  I used Glamour Dust to highlight some of the snow.
 
Embellishments – Diamond droplets from my stash and silver marker pen by Pilot to highlight.
 
Phew! Hope to get a few more christmas cards done as soon as possible - how are you doing with yours? x

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

Popular Posts