Saturday, 8 September 2012

Playing


Well we're well into September now, how are we all doing with our Christmas cards?!
Starting to panic a little so thought I'd have a go at one with less stamping and colouring to try and and make a quick card. Mind you my quick  card making can still take me a while - thought I would be getting a bit faster by now, but no!
Using dies has made things a bit easier but I'm still practising so I reckon this card took me a couple of hours to do. Very often though it's waiting for things to dry that takes the time up.

Stamps - Jayne Nestorenko 'Playing' from her Christmas Adorables range. I stamped the little girl first and made a mask for her before stamping the trees from the same set of stamps,for which I used Adirondack ink pad in bottle. I coloured her with promarkers and then glittered the fur parts. This bauble was mounted using foam pads to make it stand away from the other one.

Dies - Memory Box, La Rue and Drop Ornaments; Spellbinders, Create a Flake Four ; Marianne for the sentiment. The left bauble was done by using the Drop Ornament to cut a piece of backing paper from Jayne's Christmas Adorables CD and then by overlaying the La Rue Ornament cut out in mirri board. The snowflakes are simply done using 2 different sizes laid one on top of the other.

Background - Hunkdory snowflake card matted onto silver mirri board.

Well onwards and upwards - got a few specials to do and try and fit in Christmas cards when I can!

Happy Saturday x

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous Hellen, love your drop ornament and that is such a cute image

    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

Magnolia, Gummiapan and Roxstamps, Hello Notecard by Hellen

Hello ! This is me waving and saying hello with some stamps and dies from Swedish HouseCrafts (SHC) as a new member of a brand new design...