Old Friends ......

Jayne Nestorenko is bringing out some new Christmas stamps at the end of the month, so just couldn’t resist revisiting some old friends!
 
 I’d love to say this was an easy card to make – but that would be a lie.
 
Everything seemed to go wrong, it’s been a while since I’ve done so much cutting out and decoupage – but hey think I’ve salvaged it and the characters are just so magical!
 
Stamps -  Jayne Nestorenko – Caring, Playing and Christmas Delights.
 

The first thing I had to do was stamp the snowman onto a piece of coated card then mask it. Then I stamped the sign post slightly behind the snow man and masked that as well. With both masks in place I brayered the sky in Adirondack Wild Plum and then around the top and edges in Stonewashed. I had to be careful to leave some white sky on the horizon so I could stamp the trees in Bottle without getting pink snow!
 
I glittered and coloured the sign post and snow man and left them to dry while I worked on the front characters. They were stamped on Centura pearl (the wrong side) card and coloured and glittered before cutting out. I rolled the cut out characters over a paint brush to get a slight curve before attaching them to the card with foam squares. The sentiment seemed to sum the picture up – everything was matted onto silver mirri card to finish it off.

 
I punched the snowflakes from coloured card and glittered up before sticking with glue and I used some ice crystals on the snow.
 

Et voila ! Phew so much planning and thinking trying to remember which bit to do before another -  I need to lie down in a darkened room now :-) ...... x

Comments

  1. Really love this card
    xxx hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martine, it took a lot of work but I enjoyed it. Hope Tara liked her cake! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

Popular Posts