Thursday, 23 August 2012

Prize stamps!

Why are there not enough hours in the day ! Been very busy with our mini harvest since getting back from Theresa's- first year since moving and we've been quite successful in the garden. Bottled up 4 1/2 lbs of beetroot with shallots and oven dried nearly 2lbs of tomatoes. Also made 5lbs of jelly using up fruit in the freezer to make room for this years batch.There is still more to come, love this time of year filling up my shelves for the winter.

Anyway finally found time (without feeling guilty!) to use my prize stamps from Jayne Nestorenko. They are a real departure from previous designs from Jayne but were a pleasure to use. I asked for the Geisha girl stamp plate and the Accessories one. I based the design on the three panel layout because I felt it had an oriental feel.

The panels were stamped using versamark ink with the blossom flowers and leaf in the Accessories set, then inked over (yay SplodgeAway mat has made such a difference to my brayering and blending - brilliant, so much better using this) with Adirondack Juniper and Stonewashed colours. The lilies, geisha and fan were coloured with promarkers and some areas highlighted - clear embossing on the comb and fan and Liquid Pearls on the geisha dress, comb and lilies. The die is a Memory Box one called Catalina Wreath done in gold mirri. I added the wreath because I thought it rounded it off and tied things together more rather than just placing things in the corners and middle.

Hope you like it too x

1 comment:

  1. Lovely Hellen great layout and colouring

    My pencils are lovely to use they glide across the card but I need to learn to blend them which is not so easy but I'm going to persevere I'm determined to get it right - same as with my copics :)

    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

April Workshop

Hi - happy Monday ! Just a quick post to show my card design for my next workshop this Saturday the 29th. It's a good exercise o...