Friday, 17 August 2012

Follow Your Dreams

Yippee! Lewis , my eldest grandson, got his A levels results yesterday and had his place at Hartpury confirmed to study equine science in September! He has always been horse mad so this is his dream come true.

This Jayne Nestorenko card idea using 'Hide and Seek' and 'Follow Your Dreams' stamp sets seemed appropriate for him.

Took a while as there was lots of masking, brayering and sponging just to do the background. Then I stamped the images seperately and coloured with Promarkers and cut them out (easier for me than masking the images on the background).

 The left side seemed a bit bare so I manufactured a signpost using the sentiment from one of the sets.

 I hope it's a card he will keep forever because this is to celebrate one of those life changing events that happen along the road of life that we travel.

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Hellen, love the way you've done your hills

    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqui - learnt so much from Barbara!x

      Delete
  2. A fabulous card Hellen! I'm sure your grandson will be delighted with it! Have a great weekend!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hellen such alot of work gone into this ,its just great
    xxx hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

April Workshop

Hi - happy Monday ! Just a quick post to show my card design for my next workshop this Saturday the 29th. It's a good exercise o...