Friday, 26 February 2016

Altenew - Fresh Freesia

Good morning - yay it's Friday!

A quick post this morning using a stamp I've had for a while, I bought it because my mum's favourite flower was Freesia and this lovely image comes with a lot of sentiments which are so handy.


I'm entering this in the Altenew February Challenge which asked for a card based on one given as inspiration by Yana on their blog.

She took her inspiration from an old blue door she had photographed so I initially embossed the blue card using a wood effect embossing folder. Then I topped it with a gold die cut using a Spellbinders die called Lonely Hearts and added some sprigs of white leaves, one of the sentiments from the stamp set and coloured the lovely Freesia with my pens after embossing it with white WOW EP. I deliberately kept the strokes of colour quite loose to resemble water colours.

Not always the type of card you want to make and often too difficult to do when in the situation that you need it but there are lots of different sentiments with this set to cover other options such as birthdays etc.

Thanks for looking and have a nice day!

1 comment:

  1. This is stunning Hellen, Freesias are my favourite flower too and I have not seen this stamp before (must try and find it at Make It today). I love the beautiful colours you've used too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

Pages

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...