Wednesday, 14 October 2015

Jus' Playin' with a bit of inspiration from others..........

Hi, chilly today down in Kent so I've been keeping busy. Been inspired lately by so many different crafters so I thought I'd share them with you, I'm having great fun jus' playin' - learning and practicing lots of things. Lost my mojo for a while (I'm sure we all have life events which effect us don't we) but these crafters have inspired me to play.


This one was inspired by Heather Telford who uses a lot of watercolour effects and is a designer for one of my favourite stamp makers - Penny Black. This one is called Woodland Wonder and is stamped with black Archival on a piece of watercolour card coloured with water and Memento Paris Dusk Ink. Added a little bit of Crystal Glamour Dust to give it an icy feel.

Lots more playing going on which I'll hopefully show you soon including Encaustic Wax  - thank you to Birgit Edblom  (another Penny Black designer)  whose clean and simple style is adorable and who uses wax in selected elements of her card designs. And then today I've been trying a technique from a guest designer for Splitcoast Stampers  Connie MacFarlane using a hot glue gun and embossing powders then coloured with watercolours. 

Planning a play evening tomorrow with a couple of crafty friends so no doubt we'll be making a lot of mess using these techniques so a big thank you to the mentioned designers for giving such wonderful inspiration - if you want a go I have linked the blogs for them - just click on the links and have some fun! 

Thanks for looking x

2 comments:

  1. Great looking card Hellen . . .glad you have been inspired and your mojo has returned xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

Pages

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...