Friday, 10 October 2014

Lavinia Stamps Challenge - October - Autumn Colours

Yay! Autumn, one of my favourite seasons, love the colours - 'season of mists and mellow fruitfulness' says it all really. Been busy stocking up the jam cupboard with all the lovely fruits of the season, I always look forward to stocking up the cupboards ready for winter.
So we're into October now, well done to the winner of last month's Lavinia Stamps challenge and well done to everyone else too who entered the challenge, fantastic art work such a joy and inspiration to see! 
This month's theme is Autumn Colours so I'm looking forward to seeing some rich and sumptuous colours..........or maybe some misty mornings? Don't forget you can enter by email if you don't have your own blog - couldn't be simpler just use the contact form on the website and away you go. With £40 of Lavinia vouchers as the prize each month what have you got to lose.......AND there are some stunning new stamps out now on the Lavinia website !


This one is made using the new Spotty Toadstool and a couple of older stamps - the Autumn Leaf set and Fairy Web. The leaves were stamped with Brushos and then a crackle glaze applied. The toadstool has a clear varnish on top and the web some tiny gems to look like dewdrops.



This one is made using Distress Inks and 2 fab new stamps - Lillies and Floral Spray both coloured with Wink of Stella in gold.

So come on and have a go and if you're looking for more inspiration then take a wander around the rest of the team's blogs - some fantastic designs to lift your spirits on a misty morn !


23 comments:

  1. Morning Hellen, I love both of these, they're stunning! The top one is my favourite.
    So pleased your recent workshop went so well.
    Have a good weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen hope you have a good one too ! x

      Delete
  2. Two wonderful cards Hellen, I especially love the top one.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic cards Hellen, I love them both xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe, sorry to have missed you yesterday x

      Delete
  4. Really beautiful autumn creations!
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous stylish cards Hellen!
    greetings, Alie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love looking at your creations, Hellen.....I try to work out which methods you've used first ;-) Love these cards xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara, lol yes I try and work out what I've done as well ! x

      Delete
  7. As soon as I saw your cards Hellen, I'd wished I'd chosen different stamps myself, both are stunning and when I next place an order, I know which ones I'm going to go for!.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you Julie - it is always hard to choose there are so many lovely ones.

      Delete
  8. Love these... the Brusho and crackle on the leaves! brill idea. Going to varnish my Toadstool too! lol
    Cheers Hellen.... E xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards Hellen, I especially love the toadstool one, the leaves look so real, hug, P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely fabulous! That 'fall' card is stunning... Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW - love both cards Hellen . . .but the first one really grabs me. GORGEOUS.
    Think I recognise you from the last Brusho workshop I did at Eileen's!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarn, yes we have met a couple of times at Eileen's. Thank you for your comment x

      Delete

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

Pages

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...