Friday, 4 October 2013

Impression Obsession H1901

Well this month seems to be all about moons! Maybe it's the Halloween influence ? This one is a new release from Impression Obsession (H1901) that I received from Oyster Stamps. Couldn't resist it as I love the little couple at the top of the hill, as if they're walking into the moon.......if you enlarge the picture you can see one of them has a walking stick - just like me at the moment!!



Bit of a technique needed here as this is a rubber stamp not a clear polymer one - easy to get round though with a little bit of guesswork mixed in!  I stamped with Stazon ink onto a piece of acetate and when dried I laid this onto my linen cardstock, because the acetate was cut to the size of the stamp I  could put pencil dots where the four corners of the image were onto the linen card. I made and used a negative moon  mask (the piece with the hole in - not the moon bit) over the acetate to get my placement. I removed the acetate (keep it though for future use) and coloured the moon through the hole with Panpastels, blending 3 colours to make a vibrant red moon.
 
Now comes the tricky bit! Line up your pencil dots on the card with the corners of the stamp on the block. I really found my Fiskar's Stamp Press ideal for this as I was able to hover and move it about until I was happy and then push down to stamp the image using Versafine Ink. Because I used Panpastel's  I was able to rub out the excess from outside the circle. ( I made my mask using a Spellbinders die which was just slightly bigger than the actual moon - easier to rub out than add on! )
 
Then just mat and layer how you want. The tree had a sprinkling of Glamour Dust for a frosty effect on the branches. I had in mind the sentiment 'I love you to the moon and back' when I was making this card so printed it out on my computer then cut to fit.
 
Well it's been a busy week, the kitchen table was taken over with assembling a scented rope garland (a freebie from a magazine) , the conservatory table had a gesso'd shadow box frame drying and the spare room became know as the room of no return!! Looking forward to Sunday when I will meet up with some crafty friends at Karen Clare's workshop -  I'll be posting some photos of what we get up to !
 
Stamp, Fiskar's Stamp Press, Panpastels, Ink and Glamour Dust all available from - Oyster Stamps, Rochester, Kent - Telephone 01634 686823 or Website http://www.oysterstamps.co.uk
 
Fiskar's Stamp Press - how did I manage without one!!
 

12 comments:

  1. Love, love .love this .... so pretty Hellen
    E xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow it's beautifulnHellen
    Big hugs always xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so beautiful I love it Hellen. How did you do the prints in the snow. Such a classy card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this Hellen and a fab stamp too this my have to have one of your wink of Stella moments!! lol XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, I especially like the colours on the moon, another stamp for the list x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is sooo pretty Hellen! Absolutely lovely card, colours,stamps, design... everything! I bought a Fiskars stamp press from Whitstable stamps (part of Oyster stamps) too, fab aren't they?! See you next Saturday? xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you don't mind Hellen, I've pinned this card to Pinterest so everyone can see how beautiful it its!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is stunning Hellen, the stamp is lovely, there is so much to look at, fab design too, just gorgeous. Hugs P xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. absolutely stunning Hellen, love the stamp & gorgeous colours.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is absolutely beautiful...love the layout , the simplicity and the elegance of the overall card..great job. love the use of your linen card stock and the coloring is just so beautiful
    hugs from ca, usa
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous card, Hellen.....love the warm colours, and that stamp is really lovely xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

Pages

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...