Saturday, 1 June 2013

Clarity Blog Challenge 4 - Mr and Mrs



This month's Clarity Challenge is 'Mr and Mrs' which can be wedding or anniversary. If you'd like to enter please click here - Clarity Challenge Blog
 
Congratulations to last month's winners, the standard is really getting higher and higher and there are so many fabulous entries! I have found some real inspiration on using different techniques.
 
My card for this month met two challenges for me, one to make a clean and simple card to give to a man, the other obviously being to fit the theme. After my last month's fussy and fancy card I wanted to go to the opposite end of the spectrum - I can tell you I had to sit on my hands a few times to stop myself from adding embellishments!
 
Anyway here's what I used and did -
 
Stamps used -
Clarity 'Let's Enjoy This Life' which I think is a beautiful sentiment that I use for my husband's cards a lot!
Clarity 'Church' , obviously you can change this to make it more personal to you. For example you could simply do another Art Nouveau Corner if you don't want a church here.
Clarity 'Cloud Mask' done with Ultramarine Blue Pan Pastel on white linen card.
 
The church and corner were done with gold embossing powder on Versamark Ink and the sentiment was stamped with black Versafine Ink.
 
I used gold mirri , navy and white linen card stock. Couldn't resist adding a bit of bling with the clear gems!

I am also entering this card in the Crafting For All Seasons Challenge - Wedding Anniversary .
 
So on the surface a simple card but I used a few different techniques to create it. Hope you enjoy having a go this month - can't wait to see them!
 
Many thanks to my followers, I haven't been blogging much lately due to ill health but over the  worst now so keep an eye out! x

18 comments:

  1. Really glad to hear that you're on the mend Hellen.
    I love the design of this card and feel that the gold embossing lifts it perfectly.
    I don't have that corner stamp but now Ive seen how you've used it think it may have to go onto my shopping list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about clean and simple Hellen, I really struggle with that one too, but the embossed gold highlights the stamped images just perfectly :-)


    xx Sazzle xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really elegant card. I love clean lines and it is lovely how you have embellished it in a simple but effective way! I also have to put that corner stamp on my wish list! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love that corner stamp its beautiful - another item for the wish list. I love this card the clouds are fantastic the layout is great xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fantatic cloud work to really make the sentiment stand out! the detailing is supremely elegant as always Hellen :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous card, Hellen......I love CAS, and this fits both your 'themes' so well. Hope you're feeling much better now xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Hellen. It's so elegant. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card Hellen, love the clean and elegant look! So classy and perfect for a man or woman xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very beautiful card, classy is what springs to mind immediately, Love the clouds only as background for the sentiment Thanks for the inspiration, I think I will be using it in the future. There is not a single thing I would change. Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great Hellen, I love your ideas and think this would adapt well for Christmas too, may have to "borrow" elements of this design ;-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card Hellen, wonderful clouds in fact I have cloud envy!! lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful Hellen, love the CAS layout and such a lovely sentiment :o)
    Hugs,
    Caz
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very elegant card, lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card and love the CAS feel to your card xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting For All Seasons this time in our Wedding / Anniversary challenge!
    Good Luck
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Hellen ... cool, elegant and classy. I hope you feel better soon X
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Hellen sorry this is a little late. Your card is beautiful and elegant. Angela x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

Pages

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...