Friday, 26 April 2013

Sweet Poppy Butterfly Tree

This was fun to do! I tried a stencil at one of Eileen Godwin's workshops a few months ago and was impressed with the ease and result of using them.
 
But it's the same with any new technique you have to buy more stuff! Finally succumbed after watching a show on C&C but got my goods direct from Sweet Poppy.
 
To make this I used linen cardstock, laid the stencil (Butterfly Tree) over and applied the Sweet Poppy Dimension Paste with a palette knife. I then carefully removed  the stencil and sprinkled 3 colours of fine glitter over while the paste was still wet. Then did the same with the sentiment.
 
Left them both to dry overnight before simply matting and layering onto a holographic piece of card from my stash.
 
So simple and I think so effective, bought a few other stencils so my next plan is to start on some Christmas cards using a different stencil and some gilding flakes. Would certainly recommend the products if you fancy having a go x





10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Helen. I love the delicate colours you've used. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So delicate and pretty Hellen and what a lovely stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Hellen love your stencil
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Hellen! Hope your feeling better.

    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Hellen less is more on this Beautiful card
    big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and delicate Hellen....love the pale colours. Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very, very pretty Hellen... Love these stencils and you have done a perfick job here!
    Hope you are 'mending' well now lol
    E xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card, what a fab idea for Christmas cards. I tend to get bogged down in their design, but this is a simple idea but very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wouuu wat een schitterende kaart
    Groetjes gerrie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

Pages

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...