Friday, 15 February 2013

A little bit of news...........and a Clarity ATC


Well I'm fair worn out! You may have been wondering where I got to recently (apart from being laid up with a humungus cold and now catarrh) after all the excitement about joining the Clarity Challenge Blog Design Team. Well........ they say things never come along in ones and a week or so after this fantastic opportunity I was then invited out of the blue to try out for another design team!

Gosh, so much excitement I had to do another happy dance and then lie down in a darkened room (or was that still the effect from my cold? lol !). So days later, surrounded by rejects, off cuts and bits and bobs I have finished my samples for a new stamp range and off they have gone for approval ... or not. I've never been fortunate enough to have been in this position before so it is all very exciting. Can't show them yet or tell you any more about them, but all will be revealed soon I hope.

Anyway, I can put that to one side now and concentrate on other things. The laundry, ironing and housework still need doing (how kind of the dust to wait for me) even though the housework fairy has been very helpful!

Hope you are looking forward to the Clarity Challenge Blog? We launch soon and I have seen some of the design team samples ready for the 'Grand Opening' on the 1st March - they are fabulous! So many different ideas and designs from them all in this first challenge, I think no matter what your style is you'll find something that inspires you.

Here's an ATC I made for the Clarity group this month, with the theme love. I wanted to make this a friendship love rather than a romantic love.



I used Versamark to stamp a heart from Clarity's Kitchen Stamp set and then applied red and magenta pan pastels over the stamped images before sealing it. I wanted to be able to add more images and working on a piece of card 2.5 x 3.5 doesn't leave much room! So I brought in a Magnolia Romance Label, again colouring with pans this time before I stamped more images from the set in Versafine ink. I simply added a white Romance Label edged in Glamour Dust and attached both labels with foam pads for more dimension. A little bit of bling and a ribbon and it's finished. Practising on ATCs can be really useful as many can be used as card toppers as well.

Stamps – Claritystamps remountable Kitchen Set

Dies – Magnolia Romance Label

Background – Panpastels - red and magenta

Embellishments – Bling and ribbon from my stash

That's all for now, hope you enjoy your weekend - I'll update you on my latest adventure as soon as I can - wish me luck! x

10 comments:

  1. What brilliant new Hellen - good luck

    Your card is lovely great colours loving those little stamps
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooo that fabulous news Hellen .. can't wait to find out more! All exciting stuff ... BTW this ATC is fab lol
    E xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Hellen that is Fantastic news , looking forward to hearing more....your ATC is fab .
    Have a great weekend. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, thought it was time to stretch myself a bit. x

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Naomi, funny how things always seem to happen at once!

      Delete
  5. Fab blog and super designs. Congrats on the good news, it's always a pleasant surprise also I have joined as a new member..luv annie

    http://annieforeva.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie - thanks for your lovely comments and for joining up. Will you be joining in the Clarity Challenge? It should be good fun!x

      Delete

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

Pages

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...