Sunday, 13 January 2013


Shades of Grey


Just a quick post for now - lots of catching up to do and struggling with the changes Blogger has imposed on us!
 
This was my ATC for the Clarity Group I'm in for this month, with the brief 'Shades of Grey'. (This is not the one Barbara has recently set up, this is a seperate group of some of us who attended Cowden.) Actually really hard to do with such a limited palette, but it seems to have gone down well with many lovely comments on FB from everyone.
 
'That truly is fantastic.' 'Stunning.....very atmospheric . xx' .............just a few of the comments which made my day, thank you.
 
 
I used the last NDC stamp from Clarity - Quirky Cottage and stamped that first onto linen card then masked it off while I stamped the other images.
 
I used Slate Adirondak ink for the sky and to create the hills in the background and mounds in the front. The tufts of grass were made using the top of one of the tree stamps and I created the pathway the same way, just joined them up with a pilot pen in black. I used Promarkers from the Cool Grey range to colour it in.
 
Had a slight mishap stamping the fence - the stamp didn't quite join up properly! Turned out to be a happy accident as I used a poppy die cut in black card of a sitting cat and stuck it on to cover my mistake which everyone loved - it also helped with the perspective I think. Just love happy accidents when they work out! x

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Hellen love that little cottage

    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqui - it's so sweet isn't it, couldn't resist getting the rest of the set from Clarity x

      Delete
  2. Outstanding work here Hellen ... love this. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen - I have me moments I just need to get them more often! x

      Delete

Thanks for your comment I do appreciate your feedback x

Pages

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...